Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hockey!

The big news today is that I got to play some ice hockey! I found a group of hockey players (mostly English teachers from Canada) who play twice a week (Rocky Mountain Tavern Chief). I had contacted them, and I decided to make a trip out just to scope them out and see how long the subway ride was. It's actually a pretty long trip (about 1:15 door-to-door), and it took me quite some time to find the rink after I got out of the subway station (it's a about 4-5 blocks away). When I got there, they said I could borrow some equipment and just join in. Sweet! I was stumbling all over the place because I was wearing someone else's skates, but I was playing hockey. Next time I'll bring my own skates, and I'll just have to keep borrowing equipment until mine shows up. This was a very pleasant surprise.

No comments: