Sunday, February 4, 2007

Routine

No new posts in a while. I think part of the reason is that I'm finally getting settled in and sort of have something approximating a routine going. Classes remain interesting, but they're mostly under control. I think the students are having somewhat of a tough time, but that's to be expected as they're taking both the theory and advanced operating systems classes at the same time. From my understanding, most of the students back in Atlanta tend to avoid this combination (in the same semester anyway). Many students also seem to have a weaker CS background (which I can relate to since I did EE in college before CS in grad school), which adds to the challenge for them. However, I'm also pretty confident that they'll rise to the challenge.

I'm probably going to miss the Super Bowl this year as I'd have to get to an ex-pat bar at like 8 or 9am Monday morning, which doesn't mix well with having to teach on Mondays.

No comments: