Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bowling!

This saturday, the hockey team went out for an afternoon of bowling! Seoul is a very crowded city, so where do you put a bowling alley?

Underground, underneath a supermarket that's already underground as well! So, go down two flights of stairs and you find:

A rather small bowling alley. I think it had about eight lanes in total. We played about three games. This was the first time I had been bowling in quite a few years, so I ended up bowling pretty pathetically (I got a 66 on one game! ha ha!).

Also interesting is that this will probably have been the only time I'll ever bowl at a place where the snack bar serves Mandu (Korean dumplings) and Ramyun (ramen noodles) instead of pizza and beer. Overall, this wasn't as weird as the time I went bowling in Istanbul (was there for a conference in 2002), but that's another story.

No comments: