Saturday, March 24, 2007

Atlanta for a Week

I just got back into Seoul after spending a week back in Atlanta. Not surprisingly, there were many meetings and in the end the week seemed to go by too quickly. It was good to have a face-to-face re-synch with my students, and I also got to meet with both a prospective faculty candidate as well as a few prospective ECE PhD students. I also got a chance to catch up on the consumption of American foods that are difficult/impossible to find in Korea.

In any case, here were a couple of pictures from my flight to Atlanta.

A good towel if you need to be refreshed, but don't mind the side-effect of not having any more children.

They try to keep you pretty well entertained on the flight. Each seat has its own in-seat entertainment, with video-on-demand (20-30 movies with full pause/fwd/rew capabilities, music, and some unexciting video games).

I've been trying to do some sort of activity with the students each semester as sort of a group/team-building thing. Last semester we went out for dinner and a movie. This semester was a little tougher since I'm in Korea. I had planned on attending the Thrashers vs. NY Rangers hockey game anyway, so I brought along the students who could make it.

Action down in the Thrashers' defensive zone (including obligatory fans banging on the glass).

End of the game announcement of the "three stars of the game." We got a little bit of bonus hockey as the game went into overtime, and the Thrashers' ended up winning 2-1 on an OT power play goal.

No comments: